Getting Started With Fabasoft Scrum
To be able to set up your own scrum projects the “Scrum” app has to be assigned to your organization. If you are an organization owner, organization administrator, payment user or scrum administrator, you will find topics on setting up and administering scrum projects in chapter “Administration Tasks”.
It is assumed that a scrum center and a scrum project are available and the scrum project team is already defined. The starting point is the personal scrum dashboard.
- Team members and stakeholders create stories (requests for new features) and defects.
- Team members may create impediments, if there are circumstances that prevent them from working as efficiently as possible.
- New stories are collected in the Inbox, defects in the Defects and impediments in the Impediments widget.
- All team members may accept (“Accept” action) stories, defects and impediments, but only the product owner can reject these backlog items. Accepted stories are moved from the Inbox to the Backlog of the corresponding scrum project.
- The product owner prioritizes the stories (Order field).
- The scrum project is filled with requirements, now the work should start. To do so, a team member creates a sprint with a defined start and end date.
- Stories that are in the backlog of a scrum project can be added to a sprint (“Add to Sprint” context menu command). Thereby the effort of a story has to be estimated in story points by the team. This helps to decide how many stories can be finished within the sprint.
- Defects and impediments can be added to the sprint by team members as well.
- To structure the work on a story or defect, tasks can be defined.
- After adding the desired stories to the sprint the scrum master or product owner starts the sprint (“Start Sprint” action).
- The team members work on the stories and defects. Depending on the progress of the tasks and stories the corresponding state (e.g. to verify) is set by the team members. At the end of the sprint hopefully all stories have the state “Done”.
- The product owner reviews the working results of the completed stories and releases or not releases them.
- The scrum master or product owner releases impediments.
- The scrum master or product owner ends the sprint (“End Sprint” action) and a new sprint can be started.