Configure Login With Certificates for Your Organization in Fabasoft Cloud
To allow members of your organization to log in with certificates, the following requirements must be met:
- You need a root certificate for your organization with which the user certificates for the members of your organization can be issued.
- The updated certificate revocation list (CRL) of the root certificate should always be downloaded via a URL.
In preparation for the configuration the following data is required:
- All certificates as files (in cer format) from the certification path to the root certificate of your organization.
In the example below, the certificate “Fabasoft AG” is the root certificate of the organization and the certificate “Fabasoft CA” is the only other required certificate from the certification path.
- URL to download the CRL
Implementation of the Configuration for Your Organization
- Change to portal page “Contacts” > “Organizations”.
- Open the context menu of the organization.
- Select the entry “Configure Certificates”.
- Import the root certificate (in cer format) of your organization in the field Certificate.
- Import all the remaining certificates (in cer format) from the certification path in the field List of Root Certificates.
- Enter the URL to your certificate revocation list in the field CRL Download URL.
- Click on “Next”.
- The entered data is saved. After the changes in the Fabasoft Cloud registration process have been taken into account, you will be notified by e-mail.
Assign Names for the User Certificates
To complete the configuration of the login with certificates for your organization, you have to register the common name of the user certificate for all members of your organization. Perform the following steps:
- Open the context menu of your organization.
- Click on “Configure Certificates”.
- Enter the value of the “CN” (common name) of the “Subject” field of the user certificate in the “CN” column.
Note: You may open the certificate in “certmgr.msc” on a Microsoft Windows system to find out the proper “CN” of the “Subject” field
- Click on “Next”.
Using Certificates on an iOS Device
In order to use the certificate in Safari on your iPhone or iPad you have to install the certificate via a profile on your device. You may use Apple’s “iPhone Configuration Utility” to install configuration profiles with the certificate of the user on your device.
If you want to use the certificate to login with the Fabasoft Cloud App, you have to upload the certificate as PKCS #12 file to the Fabasoft Cloud App documents on the iOS device. You may export the certificate file by using e.g. the “certmgr.msc” utility on a Microsoft Windows system.
- Export the certificate including the private key.
- Export the certificate as PKCS #12 file.
- Enter a password to protect the private key.
- Save the certificate in a file of your choice.
- Connect your device to your PC and start iTunes.
- Select your device in iTunes and click “File Sharing” in the left area.
- In the “Apps” section, click “Fabasoft Cloud”. Drag the previously created certificate file on the Fabasoft Cloud documents list.
- Start the Fabasoft Cloud app on your iOS device. The “Import Certificate” dialog is shown. Enter the password you have chosen during export and press the “Open” button. Confirm the import by pressing the “Import” button.
- Now you can use the certificate on the login dialog of the Fabasoft Cloud.
Note: Alternatively, certificates can be uploaded to Teamrooms in the Fabasoft Cloud. To install a certificate, the respective user must navigate to the certificate and press the “Import Certificate” action. This way, administrators can conveniently provide certificates for all organization members.