In an inbox, rules for the processing of incoming objects can be defined. A rule consists of conditions and actions. For example, network drives (WebDAV) can be used to store external documents in the inbox.
Useful for Following Tasks
- Importing an organizational structure
- Extracting e-mail attachments
- Defining property values
- Assigning categories
- Classifying with Mindbreeze InSpire
- Starting processes
Essential information about inboxes can be found in the user help:
If the incoming object is a PDF document and the name of the object contains the word “contract”, then the “Contract” category should be assigned. In addition, a process for approving should be started.
To achieve the objective, proceed as follows:
- Create an inbox (in the personal folder or in a Teamroom).
- Define a rule:
- As the first condition, select “Object Class” as property and “PDF Document” as value.
- As the second condition, select “Name” as property and enter “contract” as value.
- As the first action, use “Assign Category” and select the “Contract” category.
- As the second action, use “Start Process” and select the desired BPMN process.
Note: All conditions must be met for the rule to be executed. Do not specify a condition if the rule should always be executed. All actions of a rule are executed, but only the first applicable rule is executed.
Using Fabasoft app.ducx Expressions
The following expressions can be defined in the context of inboxes.
Condition as Expression
Defines a Fabasoft app.ducx expression that is used as rule condition (see also FSCTEAMROOM@1.1001:rlcexpression).
// the rule action is executed if the name of the incoming object
// contains "contract" (case-insensitive)
// "objname" can be read as "this.objname" whereby "this" is
// the incoming object
lower(objname) contains "contract"
Execute User Defined Expression
The “Execute User Defined Expression” action can be used to execute an expression on the incoming object (see also FSCTEAMROOM@1.1001:eeaexpression).
// sets the subject of the incoming object
objsubject = "Subject of " + objname;
// the applied rule is available in the global scope
// the incoming object will be removed from the inbox list
// the incoming object is added to a Teamroom with
// Cloud ID "COO.1.506.3.4282"
@inbox = ::rule.FSCTEAMROOM@1.1001:GetObjectRoom();
@inbox.FSCTEAMROOM@1.1001:ibrchildren -= this;
@tr = COO.1.506.3.4130;
@tr.FSCTEAMROOM@1.1001:trchildren += this;