Accessibility is an elementary concept of the Fabasoft Cloud. Users with visual impairment are supported with entry and visual display.
Notes on Keyboard Operations
The Fabasoft Cloud offers full access for users who work with the keyboard instead of the mouse. As you use shortcuts on your operation system, you can use default key operations as for example Ctrl + C in the Fabasoft Cloud. The supported shortcuts can be found in chapter “Keyboard Operations”.
Users who only use the keyboard should define following settings:
- Open the account menu (your user name) and choose “Basic Settings”.
- Switch to the “Accessibility” tab.
- Activate the Include All Fields in Tab Order option to include also read-only fields in the tab order.
Note: If you are using Apple Safari, you additionally have to activate following option in the web browser: “Safari” > “Preferences” > “Advanced” > Press Tab to highlight each item on a webpage.
- Activate the Use Tabular Mode for Prescriptions option because the default displayed graphical process editor is not suitable for keyboard operation.
- In the Preview in the Document View field, select “View as Image”. Otherwise, embedded PDFs may prevent the keyboard navigation.
- Save the settings.
Reinforced Highlighting of the Focus With Keyboard Operations
When working with the keyboard the focus is highlighted increasingly (e.g. yellow margin). The reinforced highlighting is automatically activated by pressing Tab or Shift + Tab. The first mouse using deactivates the reinforced highlighting again.
You can zoom text and graphics. The layout adapts itself optimally to the size. Use the web browser functionality for this.
Ctrl + Plus (Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome)
Apple key + Plus (Safari)
Ctrl + Minus (Internet Explorer /Firefox/Chrome)
Apple key + Minus (Safari)
Ctrl + 0 (Internet Explorer /Firefox/Chrome)
Apple key + 0 (Safari)
Reset to normal size
Design in High Contrast
The Fabasoft Cloud supports the design in high contrast. This mode works best with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Note: If you have activated the high contrast, after you have loaded the Fabasoft Cloud, you have to reload the page.
Tips for Using Screen Readers
The Fabasoft Cloud supports the WAI-ARIA standard (Accessible Rich Internet Applications). WAI-ARIA is not fully supported by all screen reader programs.
The following screen reader programs are recommended for the use with the Fabasoft Cloud:
- NVDA (NonVisual Desktop Access) with Mozilla Firefox
- JAWS with Microsoft Internet Explorer
- The web client customizes itself automatically of the browser windows size. That means that some areas are blanked temporarily, if the space is not sufficient. When using screen reader programs the web browser window should be maximized (Windows key + Up), so that all elements are in the tabulator order.
- If your screen reader offers a reading mode in the web browser (e.g. if you can use buttons for the quick navigation in the web), it might be possible that you have to switch the mode off and on again. Whether your screen reader requires your manual intervention, notice whether the keyboard shortcuts of the Fabasoft Cloud work or not.
- If the Braille output of your screen reader makes a distinction between a level one and a structured representation, you must set the structured one.
- You can specify that well-known English terms are specially tagged to ensure correct pronunciation (“account menu (your user name)” > “Basic Settings” > “Accessibility” tab > “Prepare Foreign Language Expressions for Speech Output”).
Useful JAWS Settings
The following JAWS settings permit an optimum work with the Fabasoft Cloud. If these settings do not correspond to your habits when working with the Microsoft Internet Explorer, use personalized web settings for the Fabasoft Cloud.
Perform the steps below:
- Open the Fabasoft Cloud in your preferred web browser.
- Open the JAWS quick settings with the JAWS-key + V. All the necessary settings can be found in the last category “Personalize Web Settings”. This means that the settings only apply for the Fabasoft Cloud.
- Deactivate the setting “Document automatically reads”.
- Select for the setting “Document presentation mode” the value “Simple layout”
- If you have changed any other general JAWS web settings, you may have to restore the default settings.