The account menu with your user name is located in the top bar and allows you to set up basic settings.
Your organization administrator can define default values for the basic settings, notification settings and workflow settings. In addition, the organization administrator can specify whether these settings can be changed by you.
Login and Password
Various login settings can be defined here.
- Change your password.
Do not use a password you use for other sites.
- Shows the e-mail address used for the login (can be changed by the organization administrator).
If you are no organization member, you can manage the e-mail address by yourself.
- Shows your mobile phone number for mobile PIN (can be changed by the organization administrator).
You can define your own contact data.
On the “Data Protection” tab, you can generate an excerpt that contains only your personal data (contact data) stored in the user administration. Please note that cloud organizations manage their data themselves (user data) and that further personal data may appear in it. Personal data in user data cannot be contained in this information.
The basic settings can be used to adapt the web client to your needs. When saving the basic settings, the page is reloaded to enable them.
Defines the language of the web client.
The selected locale affects the representation of property values such as the format of the date or the decimal separator.
- Default Currency
The default currency can be taken into account in currency properties.
- Show Menu Bar
Defines whether the menu bar is shown.
- Show Hints
Defines whether object hints are displayed in an info box.
- Read Properties by Default
Defines whether the properties of an object are displayed in read-only or edit mode (for example, when using the “Properties” action).
- Preferred Type for Comments
Defines which comment type (public or private) is initially selected when using the integrated PDF viewer.
- Start With
Defines which element on “Home” should be displayed initially after login.
- Show Upload Confirmation
Defines whether a confirmation dialog is shown when importing files.
- Default Data Location
Defines the data location in which you work by default.
- Show Exit Confirmation
Defines whether a security prompt is displayed when closing the client by closing the web browser.
On this tab you can find settings that are helpful when using the keyboard and screen readers. Refer to chapter “Accessibility” for more information.
You can define about which events you want to be informed. You can be informed either by e-mail or by events displayed in the Teamroom (“Show New Events” action). In the card view, the number of changes is displayed on the Teamroom, since you viewed the events for the last time.
To configure the notifications, proceed as follows:
- Click the account menu (your user name) and then click “Advanced Settings” > “Notifications”.
- Click the “Settings” button.
- Define about which events you want to be informed and click “Save”.
- Click the “Define Affected Objects” button.
- In the newly opened window, use, for example, the “Enable Notification” or “Disable Notification” context menu commands to specify the Teamrooms or dashboards for which you want to receive notifications and close the window.
Note: For the objects entered, the setting applies to the entire hierarchy unless another setting has been made for a subordinate object.
- Click “Close” to close the notifications dialog.
Access for Applications
The access with external applications such as CMIS, CalDAV, WebDAV, RSS or web services has to be protected with an own generated password. The password has a validity period and can be renewed and revoked. Alternatively, applications can be secured via OAuth or OpenID Connect.
To generate passwords for applications, proceed as follows:
- Open the account menu (your user name) and click “Advanced Settings” > “Access for Applications“.
- In the Passwords for Applications field, click “New”.
- Select an external application in the Valid for field.
- Choose a validity period.
- Click “Next”.
The generated password will be displayed. The password has to be entered at the applications instead of your own one.
- If a generated password runs out shortly or has already run out an e-mail is sent to your login e-mail address.
- To extend passwords, select the menu entry “Renew all”. The passwords will be extended by the entered validity period. You can also extend a single password by editing the entry.
- If you want to change a generated password, you have to revoke it and generate a new one.
- Access of OAuth applications and OpenID Connect tokens can be revoked via “Advanced Settings” > “Access for Applications“.