The scrum center allows defining general settings that apply to all subordinate scrum projects. Additionally, the team members of a scrum center either have special access rights on the scrum projects or can be assigned to the scrum projects as team members.
The dashboard is divided into following areas:
- Scrum Projects
Shows all scrum projects that belong to the scrum center.
- Product Versions
Shows all product versions of the scrum center. Product versions can be assigned to backlog items. Navigate in the widget to create a new product version.
Terms are used for structuring and tagging scrum artifacts. To have an overview of the terms, they can be collected in this widget.
Note: The widget is only available, if the “Thesaurus” app is activated.
Shows the thesauri in which terms for tagging of scrum artifacts can be managed. At least one thesaurus has to be created so that the tagging can be used. The default thesaurus for new terms is defined in the settings of the scrum center. Thus, new terms can be created directly in the tagging process. If no standard thesaurus is specified, only the predefined terms in the thesauri can be used.
A scrum center provides following settings.
“General Settings” Tab
The description of the scrum center.
- Short Form
The short form is used as prefix for the backlog item ID. If left empty, it is enforced that each scrum project defines its own short form.
Shows the organization the scrum center is assigned to.
- Take Over Product Versions From Scrum Projects
Defines whether product versions that are created in scrum projects are automatically added to the scrum center. This applies only to product versions created after enabling the setting.
- Use Product Versions Only From the Scrum Center
Defines whether only product versions that are defined in the scrum center can be used in backlog items. Specific scrum projects can be excluded.
- Projects With Own Product Version Management
Defines projects that may specify their own product versions, if Use Product Versions Only From the Scrum Center is correspondingly configured.
- Allow Story Points for Defects and Impediments
Enables the Story Points field also for defects and impediments.
- Prevent Changes of Closed Backlog Items
Defines whether the contents of closed backlog items can be changed.
- Require Unique ID per External Application
Defines whether the ID for external applications has to be unique.
- Default Categories for Scrum Objects
The defined categories will be assigned to newly created scrum artifacts.
“Feature Administration” Tab
- Enable Capacity Planning
Defines whether the capacity planning is enabled. If enabled, the effort for each task can be defined. Additionally, the amount of available hours of each team member can be specified per sprint.
- Unit for Effort Tracking
If the capacity planning is enabled, the unit for effort tracking is “hours”. If disabled, it is set to “man days”.
- Enable Defects Reports
Allows generating a daily defects report as PDF. In the Report Settings you can for example specify the generation time, the included scrum projects and the recipients.
“Predefined Values” Tab
- Processing Stages
A processing stage (e.g. “Implementation”, “Quality Assurance”, “Documentation”) can be assigned to a task. If all tasks of a processing stage are done the story will turn to the next processing stage. The order of the processing stages is defined by the order in this field.
- Defect Severities
Defects may be classified by their severities.
- Affected Applications
Affected applications may be assigned to backlog items.
- External Applications
Defines a set of external applications. Scrum artifacts can define an ID for these applications. Based on this ID external applications can process the scrum artifacts.
Environments (e.g. Linux) may be assigned to backlog items.
- Impact Areas
Impact areas (e.g. GUI) may be assigned to backlog items.
- Hierarchy Levels
Hierarchy levels (e.g. software layers) may be assigned to backlog items.
- Administrative Categories
Administrative categories may be assigned to backlog items.
The defined terms in the following fields can be used to structure the corresponding scrum artifacts.
- Topics for Structuring Backlog Items
- Topics for Structuring Tasks
- Topics for Structuring Sprints
- Topics for Structuring Time Tracking Entries
- Topics for Structuring Reasons of Defects
- Topics for Structuring Causes of Defects
The defined terms in the following fields can be used to tag the corresponding scrum artifacts.
- Terms for Tagging Stories
- Terms for Tagging Defects
- Terms for Tagging Impediments
- Terms for Tagging Tasks
- Terms for Tagging Sprints
- Terms for Tagging Versions
- Terms for Tagging Releases
“User Interface” Tab
- Prevent Time Entry Editing
Defines whether time entries can be changed later on.
- Additional Required Fields
Defines fields that are mandatory.
- Additional Locked Fields
Defines fields that cannot be changed.
- Enable Checkboxes for the Following Fields
Defines fields that only allow selecting predefined values.
- Allow Single Selection Only
Fields defined in Enable Checkboxes for the Following Fields can be restricted to allow selecting only one value.
“Security Settings” Tab
- Access Protection
Defines the access protection of the scrum center.
- Default: Only the defined scrum center members can access the scrum center and its content.
- Generally readable: Everyone can read the scrum center and its contents, but searching is not possible.
- Restricted: Only scrum administrators and privileged users have access to the members of the scrum center. Typically, this setting is used, if the scrum center contains several scrum projects of different partners. This way the partners cannot see the users who are defined in the scrum center.
- Allow Public Links
Defines whether public links are allowed.
- Restrict Team Members to These Organizations
Only users of the defined organizations can be added as team members.
The defined logos are used for the scrum center and as default logos for personal dashboards.
Note: If the personal dashboard is assigned to several configurations, the logo will not be applied automatically.
- Create Scrum Project
Creates a new scrum project. The settings in the scrum center will be inherited by the scrum project.
- Authorize Team
Defines the users of the scrum center. A description of the different roles can be found in chapter “Roles”.
Opens the settings of the scrum center.