Fabasoft Cloud 2017 February Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2017 February Release.
The following improvements make the daily work with the Fabasoft Cloud easier.
- To ensure optimal column widths in lists, they are by default dynamically determined based on the length of the values in the columns. If you specify the column widths manually or presets exist, no dynamic width adjustment takes place. However, you can optimize the width of the respective column in the column header by double-clicking the area between two columns.
- For new cloud users, the home area is no longer sorted by default. So you will find newly created or stored Teamrooms and folders always at the end of the list. Drag and drop allows you to specify the order of the objects individually. If you prefer a sorting, open the background context menu by right-clicking on a free area and specify the sorting.
- In the case of personal dashboards, such as those available in scrum, the logo is automatically taken from the underlying configuration (scrum center). If desired, you can still set your own logo in the dashboard settings.
Note: If the dashboard is assigned to several configurations, the logo will not be applied automatically.
- By now the watermark settings of a Teamroom could only be defined in the properties of the Teamroom. Now you can also use the “Team” tool to define the settings.
The workflow offers the following new features.
Multi-instance activities can be used for processing an activity sequential or parallel by several process participants. You can use multi-instance activities in pre-defined processes and ad-hoc processes. This allows you, for example, to realize a parallel approval by several users.
Predefined Process (BPMN Editor)
In the BPMN editor, you can specify the loop type of a task.
From the defined activity, one instance is created, which is offered to the defined process participants in the worklist. The first process participant, starting the processing, takes over the activity. The activity will be removed from all other worklists.
- MI Parallel
From the defined activity, one instance is created for each defined process participant and stored parallel in the respective worklists. All process participants must process the activity.
- MI Sequential
From the defined activity, one instance is created for each defined process participant and stored sequentially in the respective worklists. All process participants must process the activity one after the other.
As process participant, you can specify a Distribution List, an Organizational Unit or a Property of the Object from which a list of process participants can be determined. Distribution lists can only be used together with multi-instances. An organizational unit or property of the object can be used both in multi-instances and in non-multi-instances. In the case of multi-instances, a separate activity instance is created for each resolved process participant, in the case of non-multi-instances only one activity instance for the entire organizational unit or property of the object (single-valued) is created. Multi-valued properties of the object are only allowed for multi-instances.
Ad-Hoc Process (BPMN Editor)
When defining ad-hoc processes, you can choose between “No Multi-Instance”, “Parallel” and “Sequential” in the Multi-Instance field. The entries correspond to the loop type of the BPMN editor.
When you take the first activity, you can specify additional activities in the BPMN editor or change the settings by double-clicking on a task.
Ad-Hoc Process (Tabular Mode)
In the tabular mode, you can also choose between “No Multi-Instance”, “Parallel” and “Sequential” in the Multi-Instance field.
- Distribution lists are immediately resolved at the start of the process. When a Property of the Object or Organizational Unit is used, the process participants are resolved during the runtime of the workflow (when the state of the corresponding activity is set to “Can Be Started”)
- If the property of the object is single-valued and contains an organizational unit, all users directly assigned to the organizational unit receive an activity. Subordinated organizational units are not considered.
- If the property of the object is multi-valued, all directly defined users receive an activity. In addition, all directly defined organizational units receive a joint activity.
In the account menu (your user name) you can find your personal workflow settings under “Workflow”. The e-mail notifications are now enabled by default for new users.
“Approve and Finalize” Activity
The provided standard activities are extended by the “Approve and Finalize” activity. When the “Approve and finalize” work step is performed, the object is signed with the “Approve” signature and the object is finalized, such that no further changes are possible.
Note: If the object should be again editable, you can execute the “Tools” > “Remove Final Form” context menu command.
The options available to you when creating user-defined forms have been massively expanded.
You can use the following form fields on your form:
- Input Field
A single-valued field of a particular type (e.g. string, date or object).
- Item List
A list of fields of a particular type (e.g. string, date or object)
- Multiline Text
A multi-valued field of type string.
- Check Box
One or more check boxes (multiple selection is possible).
- Radio Buttons
One value can be selected from several values with radio buttons.
- Combo Box
One value can be selected from several values in a drop-down box.
- Standard Property
Provides the ability to display standard properties of objects on the user-defined form.
Used to structure related properties.
- HTML Text
Allows providing formatted descriptions on the form.
You can define the following types for input fields and item lists:
- Date and Time
Note: The type of a field cannot be changed after the form is published.
Depending on the type, you can make further settings for form fields. In general, you can specify:
- Required field
- Help text
- Initialization value
- Programming name
- Readability or changeability depending on user rights
For the languages available in the Fabasoft Cloud, you can provide translations for the names and context-sensitive help. To do so, open the properties of the form (context menu command “Properties”) and switch to the “Translations” tab. For each multilingual name of the form you will find a corresponding entry.
When you create a user-defined form, you can change the Applicable for field of the corresponding category. By default, the entries “Basic Object”, “Document” and “Object With Object List” are available. For example, if you want to restrict a BPMN process to such a category and use activities that are allowed only for documents, you can customize the category accordingly.
Publishing of Teamrooms
When re-publishing Teamrooms, you now have the option to transfer only the changes since the last publishing. Especially Teamrooms that contain many objects with only a few changes are transferred much faster.
The form inbox allows you to capture data using an HTML form and store it in the Fabasoft Cloud. For example, you can place a form on your website that allows potential new employees to upload application documents. You can carry out further processing directly in the Fabasoft Cloud.
Form inboxes can be created in Teamrooms. In the form, you define the unique ID of the inbox and further settings. The objects created via the form are stored in the inbox.
Further information can be found here:
Note for Firefox Users
In Mozilla Firefox 52 (expected for March 2017) the NPAPI technology that was used by the Fabasoft Cloud Client will be removed. As a replacement and further development the Fabasoft Cloud Firefox extension is provided, which can be added to Mozilla Firefox via following link. The extension can already be used with the current Firefox version 51. Equip yourself for the future, and install the extension.
With the new extension, the full functionality is also available with the 64 bit version of Mozilla Firefox.
The following improvements help you manage your organization.
- In order that all your organization members work by default in the same main location, you can define this setting in the properties of your organization on the “Organization” tab in the Default Main Location for New Members field. To assign a different main location to individual members, you can set the main location in the properties of the corresponding contact on the “Administration” tab in the Main Location field. It is no longer possible that members define the main location by themselves.
- For an overview of all e-mails sent in the course of organizational use cases (invitations, exclusion, etc.), the corresponding e-mails are displayed in the properties of the organization on the “E-Mail Communication” tab.
- As an owner or co-owner of an organization, you can also download the data for Teamroom usage as a CSV file. The “Show Teamroom Usage” context menu command is available for organizations, organizational units, external organizations, members and external members. The data is exported via the “Export Teamroom Usage as CSV File” button.
- As owner or co-owner, you have the option to dissolve all Teamrooms (including app rooms and app configurations) of your organization and irrevocably delete the contained data. In addition, all objects of the organization with the security context “ACL for Objects Without a Teamroom” are deleted.
To perform this use case, you can utilize the “Advanced Settings” > “Dissolve All Teamrooms” context menu command on your organization.
Caution: Make sure that you no longer need the data. This step cannot be undone.