Fabasoft Cloud 2017 June Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2017 June Release.
Digital Asset Management
The digital asset management offers further possibilities, especially in the management of images.
The digital asset management is included in Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise and higher. In order to provide you with simple, tailor-made solutions, digital asset management is not activated by default. If you would like to use this functionality, please contact Fabasoft Cloud Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to enable digital asset management for your organization.
DAM Configuration und Shelves
In asset shelves, you can organize and manage your digital content in a structured manner. You can use the corresponding configuration to pre-define download formats.
When you download the content, you have the option to select the desired download format. The content will be converted according to your specifications before downloading.
In addition, you can create your own thesauri and tag your assets accordingly.
In addition to the established list views, the “Thumbnails” view is now available. This view is particularly useful for displaying images. You can vary the size by using a slider and you can specify whether the name of the images should be displayed.
In full-screen mode, the entire web browser window is available to display the image. To do so, navigate in an image and click the “Show Full Screen” button. With a slider you can zoom into the image or you can also adjust the image to the window size.
Edit Common Properties
If you select multiple objects and execute the “Edit Properties” context menu command, you can change the common properties of the objects at once. This has only been possible until now for scalar properties (e.g. strings). Now you can also change object lists, aggregate lists and aggregates (with scalar values).
- If the content of the object list is the same in all objects, the content is displayed when it is commonly edited. Otherwise, an empty object list is displayed.
- If the content of the object list is the same in all objects, the old object list is overwritten by the new object list. Otherwise, you can decide whether the new objects are added to the object list, or whether the old object list is overwritten by the new object list.
- If the content of the aggregate list is the same in all objects, the content is displayed when it is commonly edited. Otherwise, an empty aggregate list is displayed.
- If the content of the aggregate list is the same in all objects, the old aggregate list is overwritten by the new aggregate list. Otherwise, you can decide whether the new aggregate rows are added to the aggregate list, or whether the old aggregate list is overwritten by the new aggregate list. If a key will be violated in the case of adding rows, the corresponding row is ignored.
- If the corresponding aggregate value is the same in all objects, the value is displayed when it is commonly edited. Otherwise, an empty value is displayed.
The custom forms have been enhanced with the following functionality:
- For user-defined forms, a “Room With User Data” is additionally available as base class. Thus, the possibilities of a room can be used in conjunction with user-defined forms.
- It is possible to search for values of user-defined properties.
- The multilingual nature of user-defined forms is guaranteed by default.
The following new features will help you in your daily work.
- If your credentials have been changed (e.g. password, e-mail address, mobile phone number), you will be informed by e-mail for security reasons. When the mobile number for the mobile PIN is changed, an SMS is sent additionally to the old and new number.
- The table of contents in the PDF view of a Teamroom is displayed up to the twentieth level.
- In the Teamrooms properties, on the “Content Settings” tab, you can specify whether a cover sheet should be generated for PDF views of documents assigned to the Teamroom. You can select which versions or signatures are to be displayed on the cover sheet.
- Folders now also provide the “Tools” > “Add to Teamroom Templates” context menu command.
- For objects, you can specify a validity using the Valid from and Valid to fields (“Versions” tab). If the valid from date is in the future or the valid to date is in the past, the object is marked with a red exclamation mark.
- Objects copied to the clipboard are also taken into account in the “Favorites”.
- If you select multiple objects and execute the “Rename” context menu command, a rename dialog is opened for each selected object. When you click “Cancel”, all changes are discarded.
- If the date for the start or for the completion of a workflow activity has expired, you are notified by e-mail and in the welcome screen.
With the new update the following functionality is available:
- The functionality described in chapter “Digital Asset Management” with respect to “Thumbnails”, “Full-Screen Mode” and “Edit Common Properties” is also available in general and not only in the digital asset context.
- If standard background tasks of a category are already to be executed when the category is assigned, they are executed immediately and not delayed by an automatic task.
- In the case of standard background tasks, you can use the Recalculate the Date When the Base Date Changes field to determine whether the execution time of the background task should be modified when the base date is changed. Background tasks that have not yet been executed are executed at the newly calculated time and background tasks that have already been executed are executed again.
- When defining follow-ups, background tasks or retention periods, you can also select date properties of user-defined forms. The properties offered are filtered according to the context. You can also specify whether the period is subtracted from the base date or added to it (e.g. 3 days before “Valid to”, 2 years after “Created on/at”).
- Downloading large files starts much faster because the consistency of the files is checked during the download and not before the start.
- The “Add Remark” activity is now available. This way remarks with attachments can be added to objects in the workflow.
- For encrypted Teamrooms, the use of the watermark functionality is not useful and therefore deactivated.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
Organization Logo and Background Color
In order to strengthen your corporate identity, you can specify the background color for the header (as hexadecimal value, e.g.: #FF0000) in the advanced settings of your organization using the “Define Logo” action. The colors of the elements of the header are automatically adapted to the background color. The background color is also taken into account for the descriptions of Teamrooms and for public links.
If you select the Use Logo and Background Color in E-Mails setting, the logo and the background color are also included in your organization's e-mails sent via the Cloud.
“Open or Download Content on the Workstation” Organization Policy
The “Open or Download Content on the Workstation” organization policy (organization dashboard > “Advanced Settings” > “Define Policies” action > “Content” tab) can be used to determine for whom the open and download actions are available in the web browser client. For example, you can specify that nobody other than your organization members can use these actions.
The following improvements are available when you terminate a membership:
- When terminating a membership, you can decide whether the member should be informed by e-mail (Inform Affected Member field).
- When terminating a membership in the main organization, Teamroom managers of other organizations will also be informed of the exclusion and, if appropriate, of the successor. Access rights can be manually adjusted by a Teamroom manager.
- When terminating a membership in a non-main organization, it is dealt with Teamrooms that have been restricted to the affected organization.
- The exclusion from external organizations, organizational units or teams is also taken into account including successor regulations.