Fabasoft Cloud 2018 April Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2018 April Release.
Annotating PDF Documents
Annotations that you attach to a PDF document using an external PDF viewer can be separated from the PDF document and saved on a public or personal layer. Thus, the document does not have to be duplicated if you want to share general comments with other team members but personal comments should only be visible to you.
To create public annotations, edit the PDF document as usual (e.g. “Edit” action). In the external PDF viewer, you can attach the corresponding annotations and save the document again.
To create personal annotations, navigate in the PDF document. In the PDF preview, use the “Show comments toolbar” and “Comment” buttons to open the PDF document for editing. The annotations attached in the external PDF viewer are saved as personal annotations.
- If the PDF content itself changes (e.g. by replacing it with another file), the previous documents including annotations are still available. The documents can be selected via a drop-down field in the PDF preview.
- If the PDF document already contains annotations during import, these are saved in a public layer when you enable the comment bar and are therefore visible to all team members.
- When you download a PDF document, the PDF content is annotated with the annotations visible to you.
- Attaching annotations is also available in the Fabasoft Cloud App for iOS. If you would like to use this functionality in the Fabasoft Cloud App, please contact Fabasoft Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org), as a separate licensing fee is required.
Working With E-Mails
- You can now additionally upload e-mails from Microsoft Outlook to the Fabasoft Cloud via the “Fabasoft Cloud” > “Upload E-Mail” context menu command.
- When composing an e-mail, the “Check Access” button is available in the “Fabasoft Cloud” group. This enables you to check whether the recipients have access to the cloud objects linked in the e-mail. You can perform the check manually using the “Check Now” button. Enable the “Always Check on Send” option to perform the check automatically.
- The generation of PDF overviews and the extraction of metadata from e-mails can now take place independently of the client directly in the Fabasoft Cloud. For example, you can store an email in a cloud network drive and the metadata is still extracted.
- In contact management, properties can be overwritten with empty values when importing contacts. For lists, it is possible to completely replace the list and not just add values. In addition, it is possible to import multi-value declarations of consent and functions.
- In digital asset management, several assets can be registered at once. This means that you only have to enter common values once.
- The “Send File” and “Send as PDF” context menu commands are again available.
- The workflow activities “Send”, “Send as Link”, “Send as Public Link”, “Approve and Close Documents” and “Sign Digitally and Close Documents” are additional available.
- To digitally sign documents of a folder, the “Sign Digitally and Close Documents” context menu command is available for the folder.
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client for Apple macOS additionally offers the “Open Cloud Calendar” context menu command. The command makes it very easy to connect to the cloud calendar without manual configuration effort.
- A base form can be defined for user-defined forms. This way the form pages and fields of the base form are taken over. In addition, expressions can be defined for fields: compute visibility of field, compute value of field, compute changeability of field, handle changes of field and validate value.
- For search folders, the actions “Create Search Form”, “Edit Search Form” and “Properties” are also available. This allows you to easily configure search folders.
- Closed objects can be deleted.
Authorized users can release BPMN processes or forms, regardless of whether they are members of the corresponding organizational element:
- Organization administrators can release BPMN processes or forms for all teams, organizational units and external organizations.
- Users who are authorized by an organizational policy to manage the organizational structure, external organizations or teams using can also release BPMN processes or forms in the corresponding administration area.
- Users with the role “Head” can release BPMN processes or forms for their and subordinate organizational units.