Fabasoft Cloud 2018 November Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2018 November Release.
The New Home Area
The newly designed home area offers you a better overview and a wide range of customization options.
The dashboard concept allows you to show or hide widgets, change their size and move them.
The following widgets are initially available to you, depending on your licensed Fabasoft Cloud Edition:
- Personal Folder
In your personal folder, you can store Teamrooms that are important for you. The folder corresponds essentially to the previous “Home”.
- Organization Folder
Contains all standard Teamrooms of your organizations in which you are authorized.
- Teamrooms Shared With Me
Contains all Teamrooms in which you are authorized as a team member. Teamrooms that you have created yourself are excluded from this list. For a better overview, the list is structured by years and months. Via the “Integrate in My Folder Hierarchy” action, you can add the desired Teamrooms to your personal folder, to your favorites or directly to “Home”.
Note: The transfer of the corresponding existing Teamrooms to this widget takes place automatically, but may take some time after the update.
Favorites allow you to quickly access objects that you need repeatedly.
Shows your worklist (availability depends on licensed edition).
Contains the most recently used objects and most recently sent e-mails.
- Other Dashboards
Apps that offer their own dashboards are also displayed directly on “Home”.
Customizing the Home Area Individually
The following options are available for customizing your home area:
- Show or hide widgets
The “View” menu allows you to show or hide widgets (if allowed by your organization policy).
- Moving or resizing widgets
You can move widgets using drag-and-drop or the context menu. You can also specify the size in the context menu of the widget.
- Storing objects on “Home”
In addition to the widgets, you can also copy and paste important objects directly to “Home” (if allowed by your organization policy).
- In the basic settings under accessibility, you can specify whether background images are to be displayed in the Show Background Images in Dashboards and Home field.
The “Quick Access” button on the far right of the top bar allows you to open the “Home” dashboard view and navigate to the respective element by clicking on it.
The elements on “Home” can be selected directly using the following keyboard shortcuts, depending on the web browser. If several elements have the same initial letter, the behavior depends on the web browser (navigation in an element or selection of an element).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Alt + First Letter
- Microsoft Edge: Alt + First Letter
- Google Chrome; Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Alt + Shift + First Letter
- Apple Safari: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Google Chrome: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Alt + First Letter
- Mozilla Firefox: Alt + Shift + First Letter
Contact Synchronization With Microsoft Outlook
You can synchronize contacts that you manage in the Fabasoft Cloud with Microsoft Outlook. The “Open Cloud Address Book” command is available in the context menu of the Fabasoft Cloud notification symbol. If you have not yet assigned a password for applications, you can generate one directly. Your address book list is added in Microsoft Outlook under “Contacts” and automatically kept synchronized. With the “Synchronize” context menu command of the Fabasoft Cloud notification symbol, you can also perform the synchronization manually.
If you use contact management, you can add contact rooms and address lists to the address book list via the “Add to Address Book List” context menu command. This means that these contacts are also available in Microsoft Outlook.
- You can find your address book list under “Account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Address Book”. Here you can manage your contacts and create additional address books.
- Contacts can be synchronized from the Fabasoft Cloud to Microsoft Outlook but not vice versa. The contacts are available in Microsoft Outlook as read-only contacts.
Digital Asset Management
The digital asset management offers the following new possibilities:
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client offers an extension for Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign CC and Adobe Photoshop CC to directly access the digital asset management of the Fabasoft Cloud. This allows you to search for images in your DAM shelves directly from within the Adobe product and embed them in your document via drag-and-drop.
- Licensed From and Licensed Until can also be defined as mandatory fields. The yellow warning triangle for an asset means that not all mandatory fields with regard to licensing contain a value.
- A description can be entered for asset shelves as for Teamrooms.
- If you register assets via an inbox, you can use the “Define Property value” action to store the desired destination shelf in the Preferred Registration Target property. This means that when you register, not the recently used shelf is suggested, but the shelf stored in the property.
- Assets that are already assigned to an asset shelf can be re-registered to another asset shelf by using the “Re-Register” context menu command.
- The configuration has been extended by the Automatically Generate Terms When Registering Digital Assets field. This allows you to define whether not already existing terms are automatically created for keywords stored in images.
Note: Registering New Digital Assets has to be enabled.
- Duplicate terms can be merged using the “Tools” > “Merge Term” context menu command. The term to be replaced is also replaced in all places of use.
- For registered assets, the Registered by field is displayed that contains the user who performed the most recent registration.
- In the properties of an asset shelf, on the "Contract/License Documents" tab, corresponding documents can be stored. These documents can be referenced in the assets.
The contact management offers the following new possibilities:
- When a Word document is assigned to a contact, organization, or user using a user-defined form, fields such as first name, last name, e-mail address, and so on, can be added to the Word document.
- A description can be entered for contact rooms as for Teamrooms.
The workflow offers the following new possibilities:
- If a BPMN process is restricted to the category of a user-defined base form, the process can also be used for forms derived from the base form.
- In the BPMN process editor, an app.ducx expression can be defined for tasks in the Expression When Completing the Activity field. This expression is executed when completing the activity.
- The activity “Execute Expression in Background” is used for executing an app.ducx expression in the background. The process is not continued until the background task has been executed.
- A wait action can be implemented using an intermediate conditional event. The process is not continued until the condition (app.ducx expression) has been fulfilled. The check interval determines how often the condition is checked.
- The inbox provides two new actions and the “Assign (Asynchronous)” action was extended:
- Execute User Defined Expression
Allows defining an app.ducx expression that will be executed.
- Extract E-Mail Attachments (Asynchronous)
The attachments are extracted from an e-mail and stored as separate objects for further processing in the inbox. The e-mail can be kept, moved or deleted.
- Assign (Asynchronous)
An existing process can be continued for the object or the file of the object after assignment. To do this, you can define activities that are automatically continued.
- An app.ducx expression can be defines as a condition of an inbox rule.
Forms, categories, processes and inboxes can only be used for objects of the same organization.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
- The “Manage Home” policy now applies to the home dashboard. Members who are allowed to manage the home area can show or hide widgets and place or remove objects on their home. Regardless of the policy, members can always move widgets and resize them.
- The “Standard Teamrooms” folder has been renamed to “Organization Folder”. When creating standard Teamrooms, you can also specify the team in one step.
- You can define a background image for “Home” using the “Define Logo” action in the advanced settings of your organization. In the organization's policies, on the “Accessibility” tab, you can centrally manage whether the background image is displayed.
Since restricted app.ducx expressions can also be used in the following use cases and programmatic changes are therefore possible, only selected members should be authorized.
The following new policies are available on the “Actions” tab:
- Edit Forms and Categories
Defines the members who are allowed to create, edit and release forms and categories.
- Edit BPMN Process Diagrams
Defines the members who are allowed to create, edit and release BPMN process diagrams.
- Manage Inbox Rules
Defines the members who are allowed to create and edit rules for inboxes.
Additional New Features
- If you select several organization members, you can use the “Edit Properties” context menu command to make changes for all selected members together. This allows you to efficiently adjust the default values for basic settings, notification and workflow settings for multiple members.
- If you terminate the membership of an external member, the external member is also shown in the “Exclusions” list.