Fabasoft Cloud 2019 February Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2019 February Release.
You can use the follow-up functionality to specify that an e-mail is sent to a user or a process is started to remind of a task to be completed. The follow-up functionality is available from the Enterprise Edition and higher.
You can create follow-ups using the “Create Follow-Up” or “Manage Follow-Up” action. In addition to the action to be performed, you must also define the date for the execution. The date can be an explicit date or a date calculated based on a base date field. In addition, you can specify whether the execution date is adjusted when the base date value changes.
When managing follow-ups, you can specify the period for which the follow-ups are to be displayed. As long as the status of the follow-up is “Created”, it can still be changed.
You can get an overview of all the follow-ups that concern you in the “Follow-Ups” widget, which is located directly on “Home”.
To be able to send a public link directly as an e-mail, the “Send” > “Send Public Link” context menu command is available.
In the Teamroom properties, on the “Content Settings” tab, you can define the default access settings that apply to directly sent public links.
In addition, you can define whether the “Download” button is available for the public link.
Microsoft Office Integration
The Microsoft Office integration provides following new features:
- The new Office button “Register” can be used to register a document directly (e.g. as digital asset).
- When uploading documents using an Office button, you can also select inboxes as destination.
- The domain and account selection can be made directly in the Office product. Thus, for example, you can easily select the cloud location or use the Fabasoft Cloud and Fabasoft Private Cloud at the same time.
- In the Fabasoft Cloud, the importance of e-mails (high or low) is displayed as status symbol.
Working With Lists
To reduce the complexity of the property editor and improve the overview, a simplified view is now available for object and aggregate lists. The “Show details” button takes you to a full view of the list optimized for editing.
The reduced editing options in the simplified list provide an improved overview.
- No menu bar is displayed.
- The number of entries displayed depends on the context. In general, a maximum of 15 entries are displayed. The “Further Entries” button takes you to the full view.
- Sorting and grouping cannot be carried out in the simplified list. These are taken over by the settings in the full view.
- Only as many columns as space is available are displayed. Thus, horizontal scroll bars can be avoided.
- Thumbnails are not displayed in the detail view.
- Actions on the entries can be carried out via the context menu.
- Actions concerning the list can be offered via buttons above the list.
- Direct editing with F2 is possible depending on the list.
- If there are more entries that can be displayed on a page, the column headings are fixed.
The full list is used in particular for editing and can be accessed via the “Show Details” button of the simplified list. If the list is the only field on a tab, the full list can also be displayed directly.
- The full view makes optimum use of the window width.
- The full list offers the complete list functionality as usual.
- If there are more entries that can be displayed on a page, the column headings are fixed.
Digital Asset Management
The digital asset management offers the following new possibilities:
- In digital asset management, external content sources (Adobe Stock) can be integrated to import assets automatically. The “External Content Sources” area in the DAM configuration is available for this purpose.
- When registering digital assets, location information can be determined from the GPS data. For this purpose, a geotagging service can be stored in the DAM configuration.
Note: You need an account at https://developer.here.com/. This account must be purchased separately.
- The “Tools” > “Show on Map” context menu command to display the locations of assets on a map.
- The “Tools” > “Convert to” context menu command can be used, for example, to convert a folder to an external area or asset shelf and vice versa. Which options are offered depends on the context.
- The defined background image in the DAM configuration is used for all personal dashboards.
The contact management offers the following new possibilities:
- When exporting contacts from an address list, contacts in the wastebasket are not exported.
- The assignment of contacts to a contact room can be changed for several contacts together.
- In address lists, the “Remove” and “Delete” context menu commands are available for contacts.
- The defined background image in the contacts configuration is used for all personal dashboards.
- On Apple macOS, it is possible to tag files. When using the Fabasoft Cloud Folder, these tags are now synchronized as well.
- According to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), the diagrams have been revised to better support users with visual impairments.
- If the activities “Review”, “Approve” or “Release” are used in ad hoc processes, the following applies:
- Negative results (e.g. “Approval denied”) are reported via an automatically inserted activity to the person who started the ad hoc process. The remaining commonly prescribed activities that have not yet been completed are set to “Not Executed”.
- Activities for positive results (e.g. “Released”) are only automatically inserted if they are the last activity in the process.
- If the activities “Review”, “Approve” or “Release” are inserted in running processes, negative results are reported to the person who inserted the activities. The remaining commonly inserted activities that have not yet been completed are set to “Not Executed”.
- If you define a user-defined form as a file, you automatically have access to file-typical actions such as “Replace”, “Close”, “Cancel”, “Restore” and “Scan”.
- Under “account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Notifications”, you can define about which events you want to be informed. You can be informed either by e-mail or by events displayed in the Teamroom (“Show New Events” action).
On the “Notifications” or “Disabled Notifications” tab, define for which Teamrooms or dashboards you want to receive events. For the objects entered, the setting applies to the entire hierarchy unless another setting has been made for a subordinate object.
- The background context menu also contains the “Search” command.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
Failed Background Tasks
Background tasks are used to execute actions at a specific point in time. If a background task could not be executed successfully (for example, if the object concerned is locked), the system tries to execute the background task again later. After ten unsuccessful attempts, the background task is suspended and no longer executed automatically. Organization administrators are also informed of suspended background tasks by e-mail.
In the advanced settings of your organization, under “Failed Background Tasks” you can perform the following manual actions for background tasks:
- Define Next Execution (only visible if you have full control on the object)
Defines a time at which the background task is executed again.
- Send Link
The background task can be forwarded to a user with appropriate access rights.
- Delete (only visible if you have full control on the object)
Deletes the background task on the affected object. The task is no longer executed.
- The “Failed Background Tasks” widget is only visible, if at least one failed background task is available.
- In app configurations (e.g. DAM configuration) the failed background task widget is also displayed for corresponding tasks.
Additional New Features
- Block Downloading of Content via Public Links
If enabled, the “Download” button is not displayed for public links throughout the organization. Otherwise, it can be defined for the Teamroom or public link whether the “Download” button is displayed.
- In your organization's policies, on the “Home” tab, you can define which widgets should be available to users.
- The “Use Search Folders for Audit Logs” policy includes the general access to audit logs.
- If you export the Teamroom usage as a CSV file, the main organization is also included.
- Members can also be invited to organizational units, teams and external organizations.
Administration of the Fabasoft Cloud Client
As a Windows administrator, you can centrally define the Fabasoft Cloud Client options for your users. For this purpose, a corresponding registry value can be defined for each setting in the options dialog.
Further information can be found in the white paper “Fabasoft Cloud Client”:
Microsoft Edge based on the EdgeHTML engine is no longer supported, as a new extension technology is likely to be used in future Edge versions. The current Fabasoft Cloud web browser extension for Microsoft Edge is still available, but will not be explicitly tested anymore.