Fabasoft Cloud 2019 November Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2019 November Release.
With the help of a device binding, you can remain permanently logged in to the Fabasoft Cloud App. This is especially useful if you are on the move and your IP address changes frequently.
Fabasoft Cloud App
When logging in to the Cloud App, you need to set up a code lock. If you wish, you can also enable biometric authentication methods such as Touch ID or Face ID to unlock the app, depending on the device you are using.
Once you have logged in to the Fabasoft Cloud, you remain logged in until you explicitly log out again. You can also be logged out, for example, if validity restrictions are defined in the organization policy.
In the settings of the Cloud App you can manage the code lock and the alternative authentication methods.
Note when using client certificates in the Fabasoft Cloud App for iOS:
Until now, a client certificate had to be imported into the app via iTunes to log in to the Fabasoft Cloud in the app. It was not possible to deploy the client certificate via mobile device management software. For a permanent login, the login is now executed in the context of Apple Safari, with the following consequences:
- The client certificate stored in the Fabasoft Cloud App cannot be used for permanent login anymore.
- Instead the client certificates available in Apple Safari can now be used for permanent login.
- Client certificates for Apple Safari can usually be provided via mobile device management software which makes using this login method in the Fabasoft Cloud App much easier.
Logging off devices via the web client
Under “Account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Devices” you can manage your permanently logged in devices and log out a device if necessary. The next time you use the Fabasoft Cloud on the corresponding device, you will be prompted to log in again.
Organization administrators can use the “Devices” action of an organization member to log out a permanently logged in device.
The “Permanent Login” organization policy (“Authentication” tab) can be used to specify users for whom permanent login is allowed. In addition, the validity period and the permitted operating systems for permanent login can be restricted.
The Fabasoft Cloud offers the possibility to set up a workflow substitution. The substitutes receive all activities of the user they substitute within the defined period of time. Objects to which the substitute has no access are filtered.
The substitute can be defined in the worklist via the “Define Substitutes” action. Alternatively, the substitution can also be defined via “account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Workflow” > “Substitutes” tab.
For substitutes, the activities in the worklist are made available on the “To Do as Substitute” or “Suspended/Pending as Substitute" tabs.
Organization administrators can also define or change a substitution in the member properties on the “Substitutes” tab. In the organization policies, on the “Workflow” tab, it can be defined whether members can define substitutes themselves.
In the process statistics, the activities with participants without access rights are summarized in a separate widget.
You can manage follow-ups in the follow-ups dashboard. The dashboard is divided into the following areas:
Shows all follow-ups of the “My Follow-Ups” list.
- My Follow-Ups
Shows the follow-ups that were created by you or in which you are entered as recipient. You can also store other follow-ups by yourself. You can use the “Settings” action to adjust the filter criteria and to find the CalDAV URL, which you can use to integrate your follow-ups as a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, for example.
- Further Follow-Ups
Shows follow-ups determined by you. You can define the search criteria using the “Determine Follow-Ups” action.
Note: If applicable, you can enter a reason for a follow-up. The text is displayed as a suffix of the follow-up name and calendar event.
For categories, background tasks can be defined that are executed at a definable point in time.
An action can be executed at an explicit time or at a time based on a base date. Optionally, the execution date can be redefined if the base date is changed.
It is also possible to repeat background tasks. The following cases can be distinguished.
Explicit date or date is not recalculated when the base date is changed
You can define a repetition rule that is applied starting with the execution time.
Defines the interval between the repetitions (number).
Defines the unit of the interval (e.g. day or month).
- Repeat Until
Defines the end time of the repetitions (infinite, explicit date, date value of a property).
Date is recalculated when the base date is changed
The background task is rescheduled after the selected action is executed and the base date is changed. Only Repeat Until can be defined as repetition rule.
The workflow provides following new features:
- The applicability of BPMN processes can be defined by the following two additional properties:
- The Expression for Determining the Visibility property defines an app.ducx expression that determines whether the process is offered for selection when a process is started.
- The Expression for Determining the Usability property defines an app.ducx expression that determines whether the process can be started. This allows, for example, to check preconditions that must be fulfilled before the process can be started.
- For BPMN processes, the pool property Expressions for Initializations allows you to define general initializations and global process parameters.
- The global process parameters can be used in all app.ducx expressions in the workflow context.
- GetNextActivityInstances can be used to determine the following activity in app.ducx expressions. HasValidParticipant can be used to check the validity of the participant.
- Only contact rooms or address lists can be defined as address books and own address books can be created no more.
- The Security Settings and Permissions Must Be Taken From the Template field can be used in room templates to define whether the user can select whether to apply the security settings and permissions (team members) when instantiating the template.
- For security reasons, you will receive an e-mail if your password has been reset or if your account has been locked due to the maximum number of invalid login attempts being exceeded.
- In the Scrum dashboards, the “Defects” widget is again available in addition to the “Current Stories and Defects” widget.
- The State field of a public link shows the state. Public links can be deactivated (Teamroom or organization level), valid or expired. If the issuer's rights in the Teamroom have been revoked, access to the public link is no longer possible. When revoking the rights, a corresponding warning is shown.
- For categories, processes, templates, text modules, thesauri and terms the following applies:
- These objects can only be used in the same organization.
- Generally defined objects are only available in apps if they have been explicitly referenced in the apps. Templates and text modules of the template management are excluded from this rule.
- If the objects have been defined in the context of an app, they can only be used in this context.
- If the Category for Generic Registration With Form is defined for a form, only the user-defined form is displayed without default tabs during registration.
- Expressions can be executed as background tasks. Only available if the user is allowed to create user-defined forms.
- New users can only be registered via an organization and no longer via the login page.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
- When excluding an external member also external members can be defined as successor.
- Now app administrators are informed by e-mail about suspended background tasks in the context of an app. Otherwise, the organization administrators are informed by e-mail.
- If you are an administrator in two organizations, you can change the managing cloud organization for members in the Managed by field.