Fabasoft Cloud 2019 September Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2019 September Release.
Text module placeholders can also be inserted in Word templates, which are replaced by the content of the text module when the template is instantiated. The command “Insert Text” > “Text Module Placeholder” is available in Microsoft Word on the “Fabasoft Cloud” tab. The placeholder is displayed as a hyperlink to the text module. Thus, the text can also be easily viewed via the template.
For a text module, all templates in which the text module is used are displayed on the “Templates” tab. Further restrictions for the usage of the text module can be defined via an app.ducx expression on the “Usage” tab. Thus, for example, it can be realized that text module placeholders are removed in certain instances instead of inserting the corresponding text.
If a template (for example, a file) contains several Word documents, the text module placeholders in all Word documents are taken into account during instantiation.
The workflow provides following new features:
- In tasks and activities the Started Activity Remain in All Worklists field can be used to define whether the corresponding activity is removed from the worklists of the additional affected participants when the activity is started.
- In tasks and activities the Skip Invalid Participant field can be used to define whether the activity is skipped for an invalid participant (e.g. inactive user, missing license).
- In tasks and activities the Display Activity Only if the Participant Has Access to Affected Object field can be used to define whether the activity is only displayed in the worklist if the participant has at least read rights to the affected object of the process.
- The “Open Content” work step is now also available for all activities in which the “Open” step opens the two-part view. This means that the document can also be opened directly in the corresponding third-party product.
- The activities “Forward for Approval” (only BPMN processes), “Close” and “Release and Close” are additionally available.
- The visual representation of aborted processes has been improved. Thus, the status is immediately visible.
- The remarks of the signatures are displayed more prominently in the context of the workflow by corresponding predefined column settings.
- The forms for tasks and activities in the BPMN process editor have been revised.
- If an activity that has already been completed is opened, for example via a link in an e-mail, a corresponding message is displayed and the affected object is opened instead of the activity.
- Working with work steps is facilitated by symbols and improved status descriptions:
- Work step has not yet been executed: no status text
- Work step has already been executed: (repeat)
- Work step could only be carried out once: (executed)
- Mandatory work step has not yet been executed: (to do)
- Work step is not yet executable: (not executable)
- Mandatory work step that cannot yet be executed: (to do, not executable)
- The names of activities and work steps were consolidated.
- For objects that are in the worklist, the work steps are also available in the object actions. Conversely, the standard actions of the concerned object are also available in the actions of the activity.
Change and Release Management
The change and release management provides additionally IT asset shelves.
IT asset shelves are used to manage the inventory passed to employees and to define access rights (“Team” action). Assets can be handed over to or handed back by employees through a workflow.
The assets can be created in the following folders: Computers, Monitors, Mobile Devices, SIM Cards, Landline Telephones, Printers, Scanners, Tokens, Keys, Access Cards, Docking Stations, Cars, Others and Workspace.
- In search folders the “Empty Search Folder” action is available, which makes it possible to empty the search folder efficiently even with many entries.
- In the Scrum dashboards, the “Current Stories” and “Defects” widgets have been combined to a “Current Stories and Defects” widget.
- When dissolving a Teamroom, you can also dissolve all subordinate Teamrooms.
- The follow-up dashboard can be integrated via CalDAV as a calendar, for example in Microsoft Outlook. The corresponding CalDAV URL can be found in the properties of the dashboard.
- When transferring Teamrooms, categories of objects are also considered if they exist in the source and target systems and can be identified by a unique import ID.
- For Teamrooms the new access protection “Extended by category” is provided:
The defined team can access the Teamroom and its contents. Access to individual objects can also be granted via the category.
Note: Categories can be set in the advanced settings of the cloud organization. You can assign access rights on the “Permissions” tab of the category. When the category is assigned to an object, the defined permissions are considered.
- The “Open in New Window” context menu command opens a new web browser tab or window depending on the web browser settings. The UI elements of the web browser are not hided.
- When copying a data table, the objects contained in the list are linked. This makes it easy to navigate to the objects.
- To enable users to log in directly with SAML 2.0 or AD FS without registering, you can execute the “Register Members for SAML 2.0/AD FS” context menu command on the organization.
The tree view does not show hided widgets on home. When navigating in a widget initially only the corresponding widget is displayed expanded.
In aggregate list line numbers are shown.
Accessibility has been improved in many aspects (WAI ARIA tags, display).
In user-defined forms language, system language and country can be selected as allowed standard objects of object properties.
Objects can also be registered to “Container With User Data” (user-defined form).
PDF annotations can be found using the search function.
In the digital asset management, image properties (Exif, IPTC, XMP) can be edited using the “Edit Image Properties” action. The editable properties are defined in the DAM configuration.
Metadata (e.g. the subject) of e-mails (MSG) in encrypted Teamrooms can be extracted at the client and thus stored in the object.
A faster synchronization start-up has been realized by reducing the necessary checks.
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
Apps With App Configurations
Apps that are based on an app configuration are now assigned to Fabasoft Cloud Editions by default and they no longer need to be requested from the Fabasoft Cloud Support. To activate an inactive app, navigate to license management in your organization. In “Editions and Apps” you will find your available apps. To activate an app with the “Configured (Inactive)” assignment, execute the “Enable” action. The used licenses are calculated by the users authorized in the configuration.
Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise
- Template Management
- Contact Management
- Digital Asset Management
Fabasoft Cloud Superior (additional)
- Change and Release Management
Default Settings for “Home”
In your organization's policies, you can set the default “Home” settings for your organization members.
This allows you to determine which items are available on “Home”. In addition, you can define the size and order of the items.
Configuration of an Own SMTP Server
In the advanced settings of your organization, via the “Define SMTP settings” action, you can define your own SMTP server for e-mails sent via the Fabasoft Cloud. Make sure that the defined SMTP server is officially authorized to send e-mails for the domains of the specified sender e-mail addresses (Sender Policy Framework).