Fabasoft Cloud 2020 May Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2020 May Release.
As end user you can expect the following new features.
PDF documents or documents that can be converted into PDF documents can be commented using an integrated PDF viewer. The comments are extracted from the PDF document and saved in a public or personal layer. Thus, the document does not have to be duplicated if you want to share general comments with other team members but personal comments should only be visible to you.
Note: This new feature is available in all supported web browsers (except Microsoft Internet Explorer) and can be used with the license types “Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise (Full Access)” or “Fabasoft Cloud Superior (Full Access)”.
To attach comments, navigate in the document. In the PDF preview, use the “Comment” button to open the PDF document for commenting.
- Select “Comment Privately” or “Comment Publicly” in the toolbar.
- Use the “Drawing”, “Note”, “Text” and “Line” buttons to select the desired comment type. Depending on the comment type, further options are available.
- In the left area you will find an overview of the attached comments, which you can also delete again if necessary.
Microsoft Teams Integration
A dedicated Fabasoft Cloud App is available for Microsoft Teams. The app enables you to display the Fabasoft Cloud on a separate tab in Microsoft Teams. In addition, in conversations you can search for objects in the Fabasoft Cloud and easily share them.
- When editing columns in the detail view, the length of the input field is increased if the column width is not sufficient for the entered text.
- Appropriate object classes are available for XML documents and XML schemas.
- Follow-ups can now also be executed repeatedly.
Process and Form Designers
As a form designer, when you use expressions for calculation or validation, it can sometimes be difficult to identify errors in the expressions. To simplify analysis, you can now write trace output to the web browser console. To do this, you must go to the context menu of the Teamroom where the form is used, choose “Tools” > “Activate Trace Outputs” and allow trace output.
Call in expressions:
- cooobj.Trace("string", value);
The output is a JSON data record.
Context of the call (Teamroom).
Section of the expression (if available).
The text to be traced (first parameter of the trace call).
The value to be traced (second parameter of the trace call).
As administrator you can expect the following new features.
For Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise and Fabasoft Cloud Superior, the license type “Read Access + Comments” is also provided. This means that users who generally only require read access can still use the new functionality of commenting documents. For further information please contact the Fabasoft Sales Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following new features will assist you in managing your organization.
- When importing members or external members, an additional import identifier (objexternalkey) can be defined in the CSV file. It is used as key if a value exists (thus enabling the update of the e-mail address that is otherwise used as key).
The UpdateOrganizationMember, ManageOrganizationMembership and UpdateOrganizationTeam web services also consider the import identifier.
- Organization administrators can define the primary external organization for external members (“Organization Membership” tab, Primary External Organization field) if the user is a member of multiple external organizations. If the user is not a member of any external organization, the field is not displayed. When the user is initially added to an external organization, the field is filled automatically.
The certificate and RADIUS settings for the external member are taken from the primary external organization. The administrators of the primary external organization are also authorized to terminate the user's external membership.