Fabasoft Cloud 2020 September Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud 2020 September Release.
As end user you can expect the following new features.
Synchronize Address Books
Access to contacts is also possible via third-party products such as “Apple Contacts”, which support the CardDAV standard. To do this, store the desired contact rooms or address lists in your address book list (“account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Address Book”). Here you will also find the CardDAV URL.
In Apple Contacts you can store the CardDAV URL, your cloud login e-mail address and the password for applications (valid for “Address Book (CardDAV)”). You can change the contacts in both Apple Contacts and the Fabasoft Cloud. The changes will be synchronized.
- The adding of public comments is also possible with read access.
- In the content settings of a Teamroom you can define the allowed types and the preferred type of comments (public or private).
Note: The preferred type of comments set for a Teamroom is preferred over the setting in the default settings.
- For activities (e.g. “Sign”) that apply a signature on the object, a signature is also applied if the negative work step (e.g. “Do Not Sign”) is selected.
- In the case of ad hoc processes, an additional activity is automatically inserted for activities such as "Sign", which informs the process initiator of the result.
- When using the change and asset management, users can view the IT assets that have been handed over to them in a dashboard. In addition, the IT asset categories have been extended and the “Determine Assets” action allows asset administrators to discover all assets of an employee base on the Asset Owner or Hand Over Asset to fields.
Process and Form Designers
As process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
- Released changes to subprocesses are taken over when subprocesses are expanded.
- The new action “Determine Retention Period Based on the Category and Close (File and Documents)” can be used in background tasks of categories to calculate the retention period and close the object or file including the assigned documents.
As administrator you can expect the following new features.
- The new area “Planned Activities” is available in the process statistics. This allows you, for example, to use the “Edit Properties” context menu command to change the participant of several activities together.
- If a successor is defined when terminating the membership of a user, the activities in the user's worklist are automatically assigned to the successor.
- The basic setting Preferred Type for Comments can be defined for all members via the organization policies.
- For users, an additional login e-mail address can be entered in the Alternate E-Mail Address for Authentication field.