Fabasoft Cloud 2021 December Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud.
As end user you can expect the following new features.
Insight apps provide aggregated access to information in your cloud organization, customized to your needs. You can use insight apps to display and highlight important information without users having to explicitly search for it.
Note: The insight apps functionality is available in the “Fabasoft Cloud Enterprise” edition and higher.
Insight App Management
Insight apps can be managed at the following levels by authorized users:
- cloud organization (“Insight App” collections)
- app configuration (“Insight Apps” widget)
- app rooms and Teamrooms (“Insight Apps” widget in “Templates and Presettings”).
The permissions assignment and releasing for usage mechanism follow the usual pattern.
Note: The “Define Expressions for Customizing Objects” organizational policy defines which users are generally allowed to manage insight apps.
Insight App Designer from Mindbreeze InSpire
Use the designer to create the insight app you want. Assemble your insight app by clicking on the elements in the left pane or dragging and dropping them into the drawing area. If necessary, you can specify additional settings in the left pane. To change elements afterwards, move the mouse pointer over the element and use the “Move”, “Delete”, and “Edit” buttons.
Defines the page layout (e.g. two columns).
- Search Box
Allows to perform a manual search.
Shows the results according to the search settings.
Allows to perform a search in an external search engine.
Defines the navigation in the search results.
Allows you to include charts.
Using Insight Apps
Insight apps can be accessed by authorized users as follows:
- Insight apps can be placed directly on “Home” or added to “Favorites”.
- In the context of apps, insight apps are available in the "Insight Apps" widget.
- In the context of Teamrooms, the insight apps are available on a corresponding tab.
3D Objects and 3D Viewer
Manage your 3D CAD files in the Fabasoft Cloud and benefit from the new preview and 3D viewer functionality.
Note: This functionality must be licensed separately.
To be able to store 3D models in the Fabasoft Cloud, the “3D Object” object class is available. Using the "View in 3D Viewer" action, you can display the 3D model in the integrated 3D viewer.
The integrated 3D viewer allows you to view 3D models interactively in an overlay. You can zoom, rotate and position the 3D model using the keyboard and mouse.
Saved Search Queries
The search portal now offers the possibility to save frequently used search queries.
- The “Save Search Query” action allows you to save the search term and the currently selected search criteria under a freely selectable name.
- The "Saved Queries” > “<name>” action allows you to execute a saved search query. The last five search queries or the last five favorite search queries are displayed.
- The “Saved Queries” > “Further Search Queries” action allows you to view a list of all search queries. By clicking on a search query, it will be executed. In addition, you can rename, delete and mark search queries as favorite via the context menu.
Handling Processes Together
When processes are started together, the same activities that a user needs to execute are shown grouped together in the worklist. The number of identical activities currently in the worklist is displayed in parentheses after the name of the grouped activity. Executing a work step (for example, "Approve") affects all current activities in a grouped activity.
Note: For example, you can start processes together by selecting multiple objects, executing the “Tools” > “Start New Process” context menu command and clicking the “Process Together” button in the following dialog.
Clicking on a grouped activity takes you to the overview dashboard. Which processes are displayed depends on your access rights.
- Overview of Related Processes
Shows the processes in progress and the completed processes.
- My Activities of Processes in Progress
Shows the activities of the current user (planned, in progress, completed) of the processes in progress.
- My Activities in Progress
Shows the activities in progress of the current user of the related processes. Thus, you can also process the activities of the grouped activity individually.
- All Activities in Progress
Shows all activities in progress of all process participants of the related processes.
Via the “Show Process Overview” action, you can display all related processes among each other as individual process diagrams.
- In the property editor, the “Edit” button is not displayed if the object is already locked.
- Time intervals (e.g. for follow-ups) can now be managed in the presettings of app configurations, app rooms, and Teamrooms and in presetting collections.
Note: Existing time intervals that are not assigned to a context can be stored in the desired context via “Add Entry” > “Search”. If necessary, the time interval must be released for usage.
- Time travel can be used to restore document structures and contents of Xtech documents.
- When searching, you can generically select “E-Mail” to find all types of e-mails (Microsoft Outlook, MIME).
- When evaluating the app room settings, the app room hierarchy is considered in addition to the configuration.
- For contact management organizations, the Further Information and Name (Extended) fields are available. When importing or exporting multi-value fields (e.g. nameorgext), a carriage return (CR LF) is used as separator.
- For templates, a condition can be defined in the Additional Restrictions field that determines whether the template is offered for selection in the create dialog.
- For non-personal follow-ups, substitutes and successors will be considered.
- In app configurations or rooms, for default categories and processes it can be additionally specified whether the settings apply to instances, templates, or both. Default processes can be set based on object classes or categories.
- Templates and presettings defined in customizing collections can be used directly in other customizing collections without having to reference them in the customizing configuration beforehand.
- The Fabasoft Cloud Client supports the high-contrast mode.
- If an error occurs when the Fabasoft Cloud Client retrieves a proxy script, this is logged in the event log.
Process and Form Designers
As process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
Code Editor for Conditions in BPMN Process Diagrams
When initially defining a condition, you can decide whether you want to define the condition using the condition editor (graphical user interface with predefined properties) or the code editor (app.ducx expression). Subsequent changes will open the corresponding editor directly.
Note: You can switch from the condition editor to the code editor using the “Open Code Editor” button. In doing so, the condition is taken over, but must be manually converted into a valid app.ducx expression.
- If an activity such as "Approve", "Release" or "Review" is denied, activities are also not executed in BPMN processes if they belong to the same multi-instance task.
- The new activity “Forward for Editing” is available in BPMN process diagrams.
As administrator you can expect the following new features.
To facilitate the migration of app configurations, app rooms, Teamrooms and inboxes from one organization to another (“Tools” > “Change Organization” context menu command), this is now also possible under the following conditions:
- App configurations, app rooms, Teamrooms with forms, processes or with objects with running processes
The current user must be allowed to manage forms or processes in the target organization.
- App configurations, app rooms, Teamrooms with objects that have a category assigned
The category must either be defined in the corresponding context or already assigned to the target organization.
- Inboxes with rules
The current user must be allowed to manage inboxes in the target organization.
Settings for Login Session
In the organization policies, on the “Authentication” tab, you can specify the settings for the login session.
- Validity Period
Defines the maximum validity period of a login session. You can choose a value between 2 hours and 3 days. The default value is currently 16 hours.
- Validity Period in Case of Inactivity
Defines the maximum validity period of a login session when the user is inactive. You can choose a value between 15 minutes and 4 hours. The default value is currently 2 hours.
- Value for SameSite Attribute of Session Cookie
Defines the value of the SameSite attribute of the web browser cookie used for the login session. You can use the “Strict” or “Lax” value to reduce the risk of cross-site request forgery (CSRF). However, these values limit usability and may require users to log in more frequently. The default value is “Lax”.
Note: The integration for Microsoft Teams and the task pane integration for Microsoft Office for the Web can only be used with the “None” value.
- When changing the primary e-mail address of users, the old e-mail address is no longer additionally stored in the list of e-mail addresses.
- In the organization's properties, on the “Contact Data” tab, in the E-Mail Addresses field, an e-mail address can be stored as the invoice address. Thus, invoices from online purchases will be sent to this e-mail address (instead of the payment user's e-mail address).
- CMIS integration (for developers)
- The references FSCCMIS@1.1001:addchildattr and FSCCMIS@1.1001:addcontentattr have been changed to FSCCMIS@1.1001:childattr and FSCCMIS@1.1001:contentattr respectively (aliases are available).
- The properties FSCCMIS@1.1001:getchildrenexpr and FSCCMIS@1.1001:getcontentexpr are obsolete and are no longer evaluated. The properties FSCCMIS@1.1001:contentattr and FSCCMIS@1.1001:childattr can be used instead.
- The properties FSCCMIS@1.1001:documentmapping and FSCCMIS@1.1001:foldermapping of the CMIS configuration no longer extend the property FSCOWS@1.1001:webfolderincludedclasses of the web service configuration but overwrite it. When reading/writing using CMIS calls, the properties from the CMIS configuration are used per object class. If an object class has no mapping in the CMIS configuration, the web service configuration is used.
- To be able to use the integration for OData, a volume-based license (based on the number of retrieved objects) is required and must be purchased separately.