Fabasoft Cloud 2021 September Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud.
As an end user you can expect the following new features.
Organization-Internal Support Coordination
By default, support requests submitted via the support button are handled by Fabasoft Cloud Support within the scope of the support agreement. For customer-specific apps, there can be a separate app support that may be involved by Fabasoft Cloud Support.
The app support is specialized in providing assistance with technically and professionally complex customer apps. This is available to you for an additional fee.
For the organization-internal support coordination you can define support teams that primarily handle support requests in the respective context. For this purpose, the support team can be defined at the following levels: organization, app configuration, app room, or Teamroom. This allows you to provide your organization members with an internal contact person without losing the ability to forward support requests to Fabasoft Cloud Support if necessary.
The designated support team receives workflow activities for the support requests brought in. The requests can either be answered directly or additional support requests can be submitted to Fabasoft Cloud Support. With the answers from Fabasoft Cloud Support, further processing of the original support requests is possible.
Note: A dashboard is also available to help the support team manage support requests. Activation of this functionality can be requested free of charge from Fabasoft Cloud Support (firstname.lastname@example.org: new window).
Further information can be found here:
https://help.cloud.fabasoft.com/index.php?topic=doc/User-Help-Fabasoft-Cloud-eng/additional-features.htm#support-requests: new window
With the Integration for OData (https://www.odata.org: new window), structured data in the Fabasoft Cloud can be accessed.
Note: The Integration for OData must be licensed separately.
An OData service can be created in apps that have reporting enabled (e.g. Scrum). The OData service contains the definition of the object classes and properties that are exposed via the OData API.
Depending on where you create the OData service, various source objects can be used. For example, in order to gain access to your contracts, create an OData service inside your Contract Manager app.
Having created an OData service, you receive a URL which can then be used to access the data via a client like Microsoft Power BI. The OData protocol is a standardized protocol which is understood by any OData client - even a web browser.
More information can be found here:
https://help.cloud.fabasoft.com/index.php?topic=doc/Fabasoft-Integration-for-OData/index.htm: new window
- For Teamrooms, app rooms and app configurations a Main Administrator can be defined who will receive the automatically generated e-mail messages in the corresponding context. Otherwise, all administrators receive the e-mail messages. The user is also listed as contact in case of missing permissions.
- If the usability of text modules is restricted to files via a base form category, the text modules are also available for files that have been assigned a derived form category.
- In the Cloud folder, the PDF representation for “Search” is no longer displayed.
- The operator selection in a metadata search is always included in the tab order, regardless of the basic setting Include All Fields in Tab Order.
- The worklist is referred to as the “Worklist” without a data location suffix.
- The names of the dashboards are changed accordingly when the language is changed.
- When inserting a signature area, it can be explicitly assigned to a signer. Thus, signers can jump directly to the corresponding signature area. In addition, a stamp can also be selected that is to be displayed with the signature.
Process and Form Designers
As a process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
- The “Release for Usage” activity (only available in BPMN processes)
allows a template, form, etc. to be released for usage. In addition, a corresponding signature is applied.
- Using the “Show Overview of app.ducx Expressions” context menu command, you get an overview of all app.ducx expressions defined in a BPMN process and, if applicable, in the subprocesses. This facilitates troubleshooting in particular.
- In order to easily translate the multilingual strings of your processes, forms and other customizing objects, they can be exported collectively as a CSV file and imported again. For this purpose, the action "Translations" > "Export" or "Import" is available in app rooms and Teamrooms under “Templates and Presettings” or directly in app configurations.
- A corresponding status symbol is displayed for changed customizing objects. In the case of compound customizing objects, a status symbol is only displayed if the root object has changed.
As an administrator you can expect the following new features.
- “Main Owner” organization role
If a main owner is defined, only this user will receive the automatically generated e-mail messages concerning the organization. The user is also listed as contact in case of missing permissions.
The Main Owner field is only visible if at least one co-owner is defined.
- “Support Team” organization role
The support team handles the organization-internal management of support requests and can be defined differently in the respective context (app, Teamroom) if necessary.
- Define Logo
If you enable the Use Logo und Background Color in Support Dialog option, the logo or header logo and the background color is used in the support dialog for internal support requests.