Fabasoft Cloud 2022 November Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud.
As an end user you can expect the following new features.
Fabasoft Cloud Client Options Dialog
Only workstation-specific settings are displayed in the Fabasoft Cloud Client options dialog. You can access the user-specific settings via the “More Options” button. Alternatively, you can open the settings directly in the web client (“account menu (your user name)” > “Advanced Settings” > “Fabasoft Cloud Client”).
- The subject or title of workflow notification e-mails starts with “Fabasoft Cloud:” and contains the name of the activity. In the context of solutions, the text may be adapted accordingly.
- The column text filter also works with multi-line text properties.
- If the “Open in New Window” context menu command is executed on a tab in the content view, the corresponding tab is displayed in the new window.
- In lists, the “Refresh” button is displayed by default.
Process and Form Designers
As a process or form designer you can expect the following new features.
- In forms, the generic “Object” can also be selected as allowed default object for object fields if Compute Value of Field or Filter Values is defined. Thus, any objects can be returned in calculated fields or a filter can be defined to ensure that only instances of certain object classes can be inserted.
- In forms, the Evaluate Filter Expression as Boolean Filter option can be used in the value filter to specify whether the filter expression is evaluated as a Boolean filter. By default, the filter expression is evaluated as an object list filter.
As an administrator you can expect the following new features.
Members' Permissions on External Members
By default, members' permissions on external members are now restricted as follows:
- Members are not allowed to find external members (except via a known e-mail address).
- Members are not allowed to read the sensitive properties of external members.
- Members are not allowed to see the external members in the organization administration.
For the external organization 'All external members of "<organization>"' (“Advanced Settings” tab > External Members Are Searchable for All Members of the Organization), it is possible to set that, in terms of rights, the external members of the organization are treated as members of the organization (i.e. members are allowed to find the external members and read the sensitive properties).
To restore the previous behavior, you can enable the External Members Are Searchable for All Members of the Organization option.
Note: The restriction does not apply to owners, administrators or users who are allowed to manage external members by policy.
Fabasoft Cloud Client Policies
In the organization policies, you can specify client default settings for your members on the “Fabasoft Cloud Client” tab in the Fabasoft Cloud Client Options field. The default settings must be applied to the desired users.
Note: Settings made via Windows group policies always overwrite the user-specific settings.
- The “Shop” action has been removed from the organizations. To purchase additional licenses, please contact Fabasoft Cloud Support (firstname.lastname@example.org: new window).
- For users, the Devices field is available on the “Account” tab. This field displays the devices used by the user including the version of the Fabasoft Cloud Client and the web browser extension.
If you add the field as a column in the member administration, you can quickly identify, for example, if users are using an outdated Fabasoft Cloud Client.
The following Digital IDs are no longer supported for login: