Fabasoft Cloud 2023 August Release
Find out more about new features and improvements in the Fabasoft Cloud.
As an end user you can expect the following new features.
Unstructured Contact Rooms
If you want to manage a large number of contacts in a contact room, an unstructured contact room is a good option, which allows each user to individually specify which contacts are to be displayed using search criteria.
Using the “Tools” > “Display Entries in Flat List” context menu command, users with full control can convert a contact room into an unstructured contact room. Note that this will delete all existing contact folders.
The following options are now available to you:
- Search or Adapt Search
If no manual search criteria are currently defined, you can use the “Search” action to specify what (e.g. organizations) and with which search criteria you want to search. The result is displayed directly in the contact room.
- If search criteria have already been defined, you can change them accordingly using the “Adapt Search” action.
- To change what you want to search for, first execute the “Reset Search” action. This will display the “Search” action again.
- The list is not updated automatically and can be customized manually. So, for example, contacts you have created will be displayed even if they do not match the current search criteria.
Updates the list based on the current search criteria. This will undo any changes you have made to the list (e.g. cut or move contacts) and display contacts that have been created in the meantime and match the search criteria.
- Further Search Functions
The following additional search functions are available.
- Reset Search
Resets the current search criteria. An empty list is displayed.
- Save Search Form
If manual search criteria are defined, they can be saved for reuse.
- Load Search Form
Loads a saved search form. Only search forms that make sense in the context of the contact room (search for address lists, contact persons or organizations) are offered. The entries in the list are updated accordingly.
Using the “Tools” > “Structure List Entries in Folders" context menu command, you can convert an unstructured contact room back into a structured one. In doing so, the contacts are stored in folders that correspond to the respective initial letter. A separate folder is created for address lists.
- The action area can also be scrolled in the collapsed state (only the symbols are visible).
- The separator in the two- and three-part view is completely accessible. The visual focus is clearly visible and enlarging or reducing the areas is possible with the left or right key. The areas can be minimized completely.
- When accessing object lists via CMIS, an error is returned if the list contains more than 10000 objects. It is recommended to use paging (maxItems parameter), that allows retrieving more than 10000 objects.
When the aspect parameter is used, the estimated number of objects is returned in the fsc:estimatedNumItems element. For example, this value is used for the Fabasoft Cloud Folder, to disable synchronization of folders with more than 10000 estimated entries. When no aspect parameter is used, the exact number of objects is available in the cmisra:numItems element.